Annual Scholarship Program
More than $287,000 will be awarded to young members of the Association. Winners are chosen by a committee of impartial judges from the educational field, based on the following criteria:
- Academic Standing
- Church/Community Service Value
- School Involvement/Essay
Eligibility: An eligible candidate shall be a member of good standing with the Association for at least three years prior to date of application and hold one of the following policies in his or her own name: a $1,000 minimum permanent life insurance certificate; a $5,000 minimum term certificate; or an annuity certificate (minimum amount is not required). Such membership standing shall be verified from the records of the Home Office.
Applicants are eligible to win once in each of the 5 categories: Early elementary school (grades 1-4); older elementary school (grades 5-8); high school; college or vocational/trade/technical; and as a graduate student.
Effective 2024, The FCSLA Life Scholarship is no longer exclusively for tuition. In addition to tuition, the award may now be used for these school-related expenses: Books, fees, and course-specific or degree-related costs, such as supplies and equipment. The Award must be used toward tuition and expenses for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Deadline: All applications and supporting paperwork must be POSTMARKED or electronically received by the Home Office no later than Tuesday, February 13, 2024. Applications postmarked or electronically received after this date will not be considered. Materials submitted in support of the application will not be returned. Electronic copies (preferably PDF file) and faxed copies of application and supporting materials will be accepted.
For more information, read our Scholarship FAQ (PDF).
2024-2025 Scholarship Applications
- College and Graduate 2024 Scholarship Application
College awards – $1,250
Graduate awards – $1,750
- Vocational/Trade/Technical School 2024 Scholarship Application
Vocational/Tech/Trade awards – $1,250
- High School 2024 Scholarship Application
High School awards – $1,000
- Elementary School 2024 Scholarship Application
Elementary awards – $750
- Early Elementary 2024 Scholarship Application
Early Elementary awards – $750
- Seminary, Diaconate or Religious Life 2024 Scholarship Application
- Any member preparing for the Catholic priesthood (seminarian) at the graduate level may be eligible to receive a scholarship for two academic years if approved and necessary paperwork is complete.
- Any member preparing for a Catholic diaconate or Catholic religious life is eligible to receive a scholarship at the graduate level for two academic years if approved and the necessary paperwork is complete.
External Scholarship Opportunities
Some State Fraternal Alliances offer scholarships for high school or college. More information can be found on their individual websites.
2024 PA Fraternal Alliance Scholarship Program Application