Annual Scholarship Program
FCSLA Life is pleased to announce its 2021-2022 scholarship program. More than $287,000 will be awarded to young members of the Association. Winners are chosen by a committee of impartial judges from the educational field, based on the following criteria:
- Academic Standing
- Church/Community Service Value
- School Involvement/Essay
Eligibility*: An eligible candidate shall be a member of good standing with the Association for at least three years prior to date of application and hold one of the following policies in his or her own name:
- a $1,000 minimum permanent life insurance certificate,
- a $5,000 minimum term certificate,
- or an annuity certificate (minimum amount is not required).
Such membership standing shall be verified from the records of the Home Office.
* See Scholarship Application for full Rules of Eligibility.
Applicants are eligible to win once in each of the 5 categories:
- early elementary school (grades 1-4),
- older elementary school (grades 5-8),
- high school,
- college or vocational/trade/technical,
- and as a graduate student.
The FCSLA Life Award must be used toward tuition for the 2021-2022 academic year. If the recipient receives full tuition funding from a governmental or other source, she/he will not be eligible to receive an FCSLA Life Award.
Deadline: All applications and supporting paperwork must be POSTMARKED or electronically received by the Home Office no later than Tuesday, February 9, 2021. Applications postmarked or electronically received after this date will not be considered. Materials submitted in support of the application will not be returned. Electronic copies (preferably PDF file) and faxed copies of application and supporting materials will be accepted.
For more information, read our Scholarship FAQ (PDF).
State Fraternal Alliances’ Scholarship Opportunities